Next week I’m speaking at an event we are hosting in London focused on how to get an ROI from your investment in social media – the focus of my workshop is the enhancement of customer experience. It’s a topic we have talked about often on the blog and the recent release of our e-Performance product just highlights how seriously we are taking this topic.
The e-Performance product breaks into three main areas:
- Configuring what you want to monitor, setting keywords and collecting the data.
- Refining the data and performing sentiment analysis to see if customers are saying good or bad things about your brand.
- Analysing the brand image based on the data collected.
- Finding who is satisfied and who is not – and why.
- Improving first-call resolution by using the data to optimise interactions with customers.
- Determining the best channel to use to interact with customers.
- Analysing why customers contact you and which channels they are using.
- Reporting on interactions.
There is a lot more information on our website and we are organizing more events and workshops as e-Performance rolls out globally. Customer service is a fast-moving industry so it is hard to keep on top of every development, but I am sure that as we discuss this in the workshop there will be new views and thoughts on how customers can use it.
I believe we are using our expertise to stay ahead of the market. Social media remains a far smaller market than voice calls to a contact centre, but this small market is growing rapidly and younger consumers prefer the social web to the telephone – more than half of all mobile phone use today is data rather than voice, so the world is changing.
Tools like e-Performance allow our customers to also be ready for a change in customer behaviour when it happens.
Photo by Steve Jurvetson licensed under Creative Commons